Hi, I'm Charlotte
I am an award-winning Nutritional Therapist with nearly 20 years’ experience and a Senior Yoga Alliance Yoga Teacher and Trainer, teaching since 2007. I have written many books, including my latest Good Mood Food, Yoga Therapy for Digestive Health and The De-Stress Effect. I give copies of whichever of these is most suitable with all consultations in my nutritional practice, to guide clients through as we investigate and explore their individual needs.
My consultation approach melds where mindfulness meets nutrition. I am passionate about helping people through stressful phases in their lives; when long-term stress, heavy emotional demands or a recent event show as exhaustion, feeling constantly wired or stress symptoms as body functions don’t quite feel in balance.
My yoga teaching reflects this too, with an emphasis on embodied awareness and slowing down to truly feel, to listen and respond to what we need, rather than punishing our bodies into an ideal.
I help people that I understand – those with busy lives and quick brains who often find it difficult to switch off. Modern life and our ‘fixing and doing’ drive can be rewarding and motivate us to succeed but often leave us showing symptoms of poor health and with little energy, space and time for recovery. Rigorous scientific knowledge alongside an intuitive and realistic approach allows me to advise the best dietary and lifestyle changes to address your issues.
How I work in consultations
Nutritional Therapy is about understanding your body and exploring the best dietary changes to suit your individual needs. As a yoga teacher, I also incorporate relevant aspects of how lifestyle considerations (like mindfulness, natural movement, posture and breathing) can add into a fully rounded lifestyle package to help you find the best way to find vitality, energy and enjoyment in life.
The Official Stuff
- Winner of CAM Award for Outstanding Practice 2012
- Member of British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and adhere to their codes of practice and continual learning
- Nutritional Therapy Council (NTC) and Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) Registered Practitioner
- Have tutored at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition and lectured at the College of Naturopathic Medicine; now lecturing for The Minded Institute, the Yogacampus Yoga Therapy course and mentoring other practitioners.
- 500 hour Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher with additional training for CFS/ stress/ mental health/ burnout
- Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK)
- Yoga Alliance registered Yoga Teacher Trainer Professionals (UK) running many further trainings for yoga teachers, including for Yogacampus, London
- Yoga Alliance (US & global) certified E-RYT, signifying over 4,000 hours teaching time
- Registered practitioner of The Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) - a sound-based therapy devised by Dr Stephen Porges for nervous system reset.
Ways to Connect with Charlotte
Join Charlotte's free Yoga Teacher Community to connect with and support one another.
It can be helpful to speak to Charlotte in person about anything related to the courses, and you are welcome to book a 15-minute consultation anytime.
Listen to the Podcast